RULES FOR THE SECOND-STRING SANCTUARY MESSAGE BOARDS
(or "Knock that off back there, you kids, or we'll turn this car
right around and there'll be no Disneyworld for anyone!")
Hi, and welcome to the Second-String Sanctuary Comic Message Boards. Sometimes volatile, sometimes controversial and always interesting, our board requires a few rules and guidelines to keep things running smoothly and happily for all concerned. Above all, enjoy, discuss and even disagree, but, keep in mind your manners.
Mitch Taylor (Irn12)
1. Impersonating others. Choose whatever name you wish for the boards but under NO circumstances will you intentionally impersonate another poster. Please use one name at a time and if you switch, make it known you're doing so--we want people to know with whom they speak, and we want to form a community. This rule also includes posting under multiple handles. Don't do it.
2. No profanity. These are all-ages message boards and we want to maintain at the VERY WORST a PG-13 level of discourse.
3. No spam. Spam is defined as any message which does not relate to the topic of the message board and is solely posted to advertise a personal site, a money making scheme, a chain letter, or something of that nature. This includes posts that are nothing more than advertising your website regardless if the website is relevent to this board. Board regulars can post about their websites provided the sites are on-topic for the board. However these advertisements cannot be for message boards/forums that are "competing" with the same topic as the board. Anyone can include a link to their personal (on or off-topic) websites in an on-topic post of substance. These links cannot be to sites that violate any rules of the Second-String Sanctuary, i.e. porn, money making schemes, etc. No posting about your personal sales or auctions of comics. PERIOD. If you have something up for auction, feel free to include a link to it in an on-topic post of substance.
4. No Pornography. The Second-String Sanctuary is a family-friendly group of message boards. Porn would be any nude or vulgar images or vulgar descriptions of private/intimate actions. Such messages should NEVER be posted and will likely get your ISP banned.
5. No Flames/Insults. Blatantly insulting behavior is prohibited. This includes insults to both posters and lurkers, including comic creators who are more likely to lurk than post. By all means feel free to critique the work--but not the person. Tempers may run high, but, keep all discussions civil, please. "Flame War" participants, regardless of "who started it", will be dealt with severely.
6. Off-Topic Threads. Off topic discussions will be tolerated to a small degree, but when instructed by one of the moderators to end a thread, you MUST cease and desist. Taking it to e-mail is the best solution. We also discourage discussing board business on the boards, if you have a question about a procedural issue like something being deleted, e-mail the moderators. If you don't hear from them in a timely manner, then e-mail me.
7. Repeat Offenders. The moderators reserve the privilege of banning offenders from the boards, temporarily or permanently, without warning. You may be warned or you may not, at the moderators' discretion.
8. Bannings. Bannings and lesser disciplinary actions really should not be discussed on the boards. Those are matters best left to email between the poster and the moderators. If one has a question about their banning they should e-mail the moderators for explanations (moderators' e-mail addresses are located where new messages begin). If you believe the moderator is not treating you fairly, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our input.
9. Additional Guidelines. Individual boards may have additional rules which are to be followed as well. Additional rules will be created to deal with items not already covered.
10. Suggestions. If you send me suggestions for new boards, be prepared to be clapped in irons and forced to run them. : )
Thank you for your participation and we hope you enjoy your time at the SSS!
Site operated and owned by Mitchell Taylor (Irn12) © 2005
All rights reserved.